Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! My name is Ashley and this is my blog about making things in the home, crafts, diy, cooking & baking, and more! I am newly married and I am starting to live a lifestyle that is more domestic, although I do work full time. I already enjoy baking, but I am trying to learn how to sew, cook more things, make my own things for the house and more. 

Right now my husband and I live with his mom. We all rent out a house together to save money. We plan to save like crazy until December 2014 and then we are looking to buy a duplex and rent one side. Maybe in 5 years buy a nice home to start our family and then we can rent both sides of the duplex. My husband is very interested in getting rental income. We have big plans and so does his mother. She is also looking for a place to buy with her boyfriend. So for now, we all need to just think about all the money we are saving while we live in this house with one bathroom... ha ha. 

Just a quick introduction about myself. I have a B.S. in Accounting that I got a few years ago. I work in an office doing accounting stuff. My husband, Jesse, is an apprentice in the elevator union. We met because we worked together. We were both school bus drivers. It's only a part time job, but I was in college and he had another job that was close to full time. Anyways, we want to start having a family in about 5 years. We have our financial goals, and our plan is that I will be able to stay at home until the children are in elementary school. We both LOVE to travel! I love to read and I actually listen to books on tape aka iPhone on my commute to/from work! :)

Well, enough about my family and I, let's talk more about this blog! In the next few posts I will post an amazing easy homemade bread recipe and some sewing projects I am doing. I am very interested in learning how to make my own soap so I may try doing it in the next few weeks if I can get all of the supplies. Look out for my coming posts in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment